Policies and Procedures
LAFCAA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE
- All dealers must be licensed within their state and registered at LAFCAA before doing business.
- LAFCAA is a Dealer Only Sale. No retail customers. Suspension of auction privileges could result from disregard of this policy.
- All dealers must have bid number on sale day before proceeding to auction lanes.
- All purchases must be settled on sale day by cash, check or floor plan. Payments not received within 24 hours will be charged a late fee of $50 per day, per transaction. There will be a $100.00 fee for any returned check.
- If you are approved to buy under any auction finance program, you must inform the block clerk when signing up for vehicle.
- Sellers have 30 days to produce title. Buyers are cautioned not to sell, repair, or recondition vehicle until the title is received. No expenses or profits will be reimbursed on returned vehicles. Buyers returning a vehicle must inform the auction a day in advance of returning the vehicle. If the title is received by the end of the next business day, the buyer must keep the vehicle. Buyers who put more than 500 miles on a returned vehicle will be charged 35 cents per additional mile. Sellers are responsible for transportation costs TO AND FROM dealers’ location on returned vehicles.
- All "CALL or IF" bids are binding until 4:00pm sale day. It is the buyers responsibility to verify if vehicle is sold or a no sale. Please provide a working cell number so we can reach you.
- Vehicles will be sold within $100.00 of floor.
- No vehicle will be accepted for sale without VIN attached per Federal and State Regulations.
- Vehicles sold for under $3,000.00 are sold red light, as is. A sale under $1500 is not eligible for arbitration.
- Any vehicle with 175,000 miles and over will be sold "AS-IS"
- "Over the Counter" sales are sold AS IS and are only subject to arbitration for title discrepancies. All OTC sales must have management approval.
- Vehicles driven over 250 miles from time of sale will not be eligible for arbitration.
- Information written on windshield is a courtesy only. Please verify all information regarding VIN, year, make, model, and mileage before removing vehicle from property. Inaccurate information, including emblems or stickers, must be brought to the attention of management on sale day.
- You may test drive a dealer vehicle until 8:30am sale day on auction premises. Fleet vehicles may NOT be test driven. The speed limit is 11mph. Please park vehicles where you found them.
- All vehicles leaving auction property are subject to search.
- All inop sales (Lane 6D) are sold AS IS and are only subject to arbitration for title discrepancies.
- Auction DOES NOT GUARANTEE mileage on exempt vehicles.
Louisiana’s 1st Choice Online Sale Policies
- You must be a licensed auto dealer registered to conduct business at Louisiana’s 1st Choice Auto Auction to participate in our Auction Edge Simulcast sales.
- All Internet purchases made by off-site customers must be paid for no later than 4pm the day of purchase via wire transfer, expedited check (fax your check to 985-345-5735, take a photo and text it to Katie Alombro at 985-415-8002, or email a photo of it to email@example.com), or floor plan (see #4 and #5 below). For new customers a bank statement verifying funds must be faxed prior to sale time. Payments received after Wednesday will incur a $50 late fee per day, per purchase.
- Existing check status customers doing business with the auction must fax, email or overnight a check for the full amount no later than the next business day, otherwise a $100 late fee applies for each purchase.
- AFC floor planning is preferred.
- Non-AFC floor planning may be accepted, however, it is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that the auction accepts specific floor plan. All non-AFC floor planning incurs a $30 charge per car as the auction may experience delay in being paid by floor plan company.
- There will be a $50 Internet Convenience fee charged to the buyer for vehicles selling for $10,000 and below. There will be a $75 Internet Convenience fee charged to the buyer for vehicles selling for over $10,000. All other buyers’ fees will be consistent with those purchased in lane. There is a $30 Online Seller fee charged to the consignor on each vehicle sold online. All other sellers’ fees will be consistent with those purchased in lane. A 7-Day Buyer Protection Plan ($115) is required on All GREEN LIGHT vehicles under 175,000 miles purchased via simulcast. This gives the buyer a 7-Day Frame & Drive with coverage up to $1500. You may opt for one of our other Buyer Protection Plans (14-Day Frame & Drive for $150 or Diesel 3-Day Frame & Drive for $300) if these better suit your needs. Add $50 for vehicles selling for over $20,000.
- The 7-Day Internet Buyer Protection Plan includes checking for sound motor, sound transmission, and sound frame and will be done within four (4) hours of the sale. THE POST-SALE INSPECTION DOES NOT INSPECT FOR COSMETIC DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE. You have 5 days from completion of the Post-Sale Inspection to transport the unit to your lot. Arbitration policy for 1st Choice Online Internet sale is the same as for on-site customers.
- Only green light vehicles under 175,000 miles are eligible for Buyer Protection Plans. Vehicles over 175,000 are red light, as is. Let our sales staff know which BPP you would like for your simulcast purchases.
- All RED LIGHT vehicles are AS IS WHERE IS. Cars sold for under $1500 are not eligible for arbitration. Vehicles over 175,000 Miles are sold “AS-IS”.
- Floor bidder will have preference in the case of a tie. Proxy bids are considered opening bids and real money.
- “If” Sales are binding to the buyer untill 4 PM on saleday. In the event the auction cannot reach the buyer, the approved “If” sale stands until contact can be made. In the event the “If” sale is declined and a counter offer is given by the seller, the auction will contact buyer with said counter offer. If an auction occurs on a holiday in which banks, lease, and finance companies are closed, all “If” sales will be binding through close of business the following day. Buyers please make sure we have a good contact number for you to expedite the process.
- CONDITION REPORTS ARE PROVIDED AS A CONVENIENCE AND IN MANY CASES, A PRODUCT OF ONE INDIVIDUAL’S OPINION. THE AUCTION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MINOR ERRORS. THE DECISION OF THE AUCTION WILL BE FINAL IN ALL DISPUTES. MAKING TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENTS IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYERTitle Arbitration Policy
- When buyer wants to return a vehicle for late title, he must give the auction notice. Title Arbitration Policy means until 5pm the following business day. The 30th day is always a Thursday. If the buyer is within 100 miles, the vehicle must be returned within close of business the next day. If the buyer is farther than 100 miles, the vehicle should be returned within 5 working days.If the buyer does not return the vehicle within the specified time, another 30 days will be given to the seller to produce the title. If a negotiable title is not received by the 30th day, the seller will be subject to a late fee of $50.00
LAFCAA follows the NAAA Arbitration Policy. A full copy is available on request or can be found on the NAAA website at www.naaa.com. Green Light vehicles subject to arbitration must be arbitrated by 5pm sale day.
ARBITRATION DECISIONS MADE BY ARBITRATION STAFF/MANAGEMENT ARE FINAL!