LAFCAA Employment Application
- LAFCAA Application for Employment (529.44 KB)
Drivers are responsible for the safe moving, staging, and parking of vehicles on auction property, driving vehicles to and from auction lots and customer businesses, and driving vehicles through auction sale lanes on designated sale days in compliance with auction safety rules and regulations.
- Drive vehicles in accordance with auction safety protocols.
- Drive vehicles to/from designated areas on Auction premises and to/from customer dealerships and businesses, while observing Auction driving rules, rules of the road, and demonstrating courtesy and defensive driving principles.
- Check all vehicle fluids before delivering to an offsite location.
- Line up and park vehicles as directed by a supervisor or team leader, move vehicles as necessary, and locate “lost” vehicles.
- Assist with getting vehicles operating as needed. If necessary, inflate tires, fill fuel tanks, and jump start vehicles. Notify a supervisor when a vehicle is inoperative.
- Assist customers (i.e., dealers, account representatives, rental agencies, etc.) and coworkers as needed.
- Maintain lot (pick up trash, etc.).
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Constantly required to enter and exit vehicles
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to walk long distances
- Required to stand, walk, reach, talk, and hear
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, and climb
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
*Ability to drive vehicles with manual transmissions preferred
A Vehicle Detailer ensures that vehicles sent to the Detail Shop are cleaned and detailed to sale condition according to customer specifications and Auction standards.
- Inspect and verify that the quality of detail/reconditioning work performed is in accordance with customer specifications and contract standards. Examine visually and by touch if necessary. Track all vehicles entering and exiting the lanes using a detail sheet.
- Interior – Make sure debris is removed. Inspect and clean ashtrays, dashboards, panels, vinyl, windows, carpets, and upholstery.
- Exterior – Remove bugs, pre-soak, soap, rinse, and dry the vehicle. Clean wheels and tires. Buff and wax vehicle when instructed to do so.
- Reject vehicles not meeting standards and return to the detail shop for a redo. Generate appropriate reports and re-inspect problem vehicles to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure wash bays and other work areas are cleaned at the end of the day and throughout if necessary.
- Drive vehicles in and out of the wash bay, occasionally drive through auction lanes on sale day.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Full time employees may be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience in a detail shop, re-condition work, or as a quality control inspector preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Ability to drive manual and automatic transmission vehicles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Required to stand, walk, reach, talk, and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, and climb
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Vision abilities required include depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see at close range
- Frequent exposure to wet and/or humid conditions
- Exposure to outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazards, fumes, dust, and odors
- Moderate noise level
- 401(k) available
- Paid time off such as sick days and vacation days available after six months
- Health/Life/Dental/Vision Insurance Available
Please upload completed application here or email to: [email protected]