LAFCAA Employment Application
- LAFCAA Application for Employment (529.44 KB)
The vehicle detailer ensures that vehicles sent to the Detail Shop are cleaned and detailed to sale condition according to customer specifications and Auction standards.
- Inspect and verify that the quality of detail/reconditioning work performed is in the accordance with customer specifications and contract standards. Examine visually and by touch if necessary. Track all vehicles entering and exiting the lanes using a detail sheet.
- Check wash by steps by inspecting trunk jambs, looking for grease on hinges, bugs, fender wells, and lower splash shields, etc.
- Check interior cleaning steps by inspecting ashtrays, dashboards, panels, vinyl, windows, carpets, and upholstery, and making sure debris is removed, etc.
- Check buffing steps by verifying that dressing was properly applied to the engine and tires and that the vehicle was waxed, buffed, and polished to appropriate standards.
- Check final touch-up by inspecting windows, bumpers, moldings, wax, etc.
- Reject vehicles not meeting standards and return to the detail shop for a redo. generate appropriate reports and re-inspect problem vehicles to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure employees have the proper equipment and are properly trained in its use.
- Ensure wash bays and other work areas are cleaned at the end of the workday and/or throughout if necessary.
- perform other duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor, including driving a vehicle into the building and to the properly clean car staging area, occasional sale day driving.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in a retail shop, re-condition work, or as a quality controller inspector highly preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk, and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, and climb.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Vision abilities required to include close, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to wet and/or humid conditions. Occasional exposure to outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazards, fumes, dust, and odors. Moderate noise level.
Please upload completed application here or email to: [email protected]